Monday, March 18, 2013

India Reflected


I finished editing the photos from the trip. I whittled them down from 900+ to 70. They can be found here.

You simply cannot appreciate a place until you have left it. This, I believe, is true. After I left India I headed for Hong Kong for two days. I didn't do much but walk around and enjoy the cleanliness and modernness of the city. Continuing to Hong Kong from India allowed me to join the round-the-world club. I traveled this routing: Denver-Chicago-Frankfurt-Delhi-Hong Kong-San Francisco-Denver.

The more the decompress from the trip and the immediate memories begin to fade I become more and more enamored with India. This is a place I will revisit! As I think back on the trip there are a lot of things I meant to mention, but I forgot to.

On day two we visited Agra Fort. The guide, a young dark Indian who spoke good English, explained that the land adjacent to the fort contained "dreadful animals" to discourage attacks. In addition there was a Parcheesi board made out of inlaid marble. The emperor would use his cortisons' as the game pieces. First of all, I had no idea that Parcheesi existed in the 17th century and secondly talk about decedent.

The memories from this trip are wonderful and intense. 

No comments: