Sunday, October 16, 2005

happy birthday michael!


After much debate and hub-bub (sort-of.) It was decided that a night out at Wazee Supper Club would be appropriate for Mike's birthday celebration. Great choice kids! A very healthy crowd attended. It was a lovely time indeed. We attempted to go dancing but apparently Rock Island is 18+? Yeah, that’s stupid! We ended up back at Tower on the Park for cake.

On Friday I baked a 3-5 layer cake for Mike. I say 3-5 layers because at various times during the day it was going to be anywhere from 3 to a 5 layer cake. I lost 2 layers due to stupid baking techniques. It ended up to be a homemade 2 layer carrot cake with 1 layer of spice cake finished with cream cheese frosting. I don't bake or shouldn’t be allowed to. It literally took me like 8 hours to bake this fucking cake but, it was well worth it for the birthday boy. I actually think I will start baking cakes on peoples birthdays. Stay tuned for this one!

No comments: