Sunday, October 23, 2005

the 80's obsession

The 80's have thrown up on this decade! I have never understood this obsession people have with that damned decade! The fashion, the music, the feel? What is it about that damned decade that people cherish so much? During the 90's I thought it was natural that people reminisce about the prior decade. I assumed in the 80's people longed for the 70's and so forth. This simply has not been the case with the 80's. That decade will just not die peacefully. It keeps haunting us with it's stone washed jeans and vans. I once was a 80's music hater but, a hater I am no longer. I now seem to have fallen into the 80's music trap. I love me some 80's music. I do long for the return of the 90's. Ahhhhh the 90's: grunge, democratic rule and .comers! Oh your return I so long for! Drink your Starbucks from Seattle because America is on-line! I wonder if our ancestors were obsessed with the 1880's? Perhaps they were and perhaps our children’s children’s will be obsessed with the 2080's!

my blog is backlogged! a lot has happened foxies...

  • I took a horrific philosophy test on Wednesday so
  • I had to go out Wednesday night. I convinced Troy to stay another night to go to Hi-Dive so
  • We danced to 80's music then crashed at Michael and Daniels so
  • Troy, Daniel and I went to lunch at Watercourse then
  • I walked Bailey. On my return I accidently sort of put a bit of a hole in Mike and Matts wall so
  • I had to go have a cocktail which turned into a party at Rae's place. After a good night sleep
  • I decided I had to fix the wall. On Friday I applied the first coat of spackle which did'nt take so
  • On Saturday I applied the second coat of spackle and
  • this morning I sanded and painted. It has officially passed the Mancini test.
  • I am officially a good craftsman!

ever been punked by your employer? I have! I got called into the office the other day. I was told it was serious. A union shop steward was present (which is never good.) I was then presented with a notice of termination under the following conditions:

Honestly Robert, well done but, I will get you back! Mark my words!

p.s. congrats to Robert and Nicole who are now engaged!

No comments: