Thursday, September 22, 2005

happy birthday nicole!

I took the day off which turned out to be a smart idea. I took my first economics test today. I'll let you all know how that turns out. I made it to the gym, did laundry and made 6 quarts of pasta sauce. Oh, and I rented a violin. More details to follow on that!

Micheal called me and invited me to his art show opening at Envy a Salon at 13th & Downing. Julie and I stopped in for a bit. It was quite good. Micheal had perviously done some "art" with hair so, I expected to see hair and, I did. My favorite piece was one Julie and I entitled "Drag Queen in Mourning."

We moved onto dinner at Parallel 17, Denver's newest tapas bar. That of course is not saying much for, there seems to be a new tapas bar in this town every week. The sangria was excellent. The food was OK. The atmosphere was sheek.

We stopped in at the Squealing Pig in Cherry Creek to celebrate Mindy's friend Nicole's birthday. I was introduced to their friend Vivian, who is moving back to China next week. We invited them all to the Hi-Dive.

The food at P17 did not fill me up so I had a quick sandwich at Sputnik. FYI, their food is quite good! Off to the Hi-Dive. The crowd was eclectic as norm. Vivian and her friend Billy showed up. The four of us danced to the 80's

No comments: