Friday, October 10, 2008

Uptown Sampler

I'm a bit tardy in reporting about the 21st annual Uptown Sampler. The button they make you wear to identify yourself as an Sampler participant is still sitting on my desk which reminded me that I haven't blogged about it yet. The sampler is an open house for the restaurants that occupy 17th Avenue (restaurant row) and surroundings. This is the second time i have attended the Sampler. Two years ago when I went there were several more restaurants participating. I actually like the downsized sampler as it gives you the opportunity to get to every venue and not be completely gorged by the end. Ok so here is my analysis:

Winner: (tie) Jonsey's Eat Bar & D Bar Dessert
Jonsey's certainty doesn't win because of it's name. I am not a huge fan of the rename. Jonsey's used to be The Dish. Regardless of the name the ambiance has always been good in that space. I'm glad to see that they still offer truffle oil fries on the new menu. They are divine! They also sampled mac and cheese with bacon. They also had pepperoni and mozzarella pizza..

No comments: