Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Dish

Let me start by saying this... I don’t believe in favorites. I think favorites are for five year olds. I don’t have a favorite movie. I don’t have a favorite band. I don’t have a favorite food. I have several likes and loves of the aforementioned categories, but I can never seem to commit to one favorite. That being said, if I had to pick a favorite restaurant in Denver it would be The Dish Bistro. Brunch, Dinner, Sunday night $5 small plates... it’s all great. Yesterday, I got some bad news. It came in the form of a text from Gail.. Simple, efficient, cold... THE DISH IS CLOSING. Clearly she can’t be right, I thought. Every time I go in there its busier than the last time. The brunch menu was just improved! Gail was right. It was confirmed in a little tiny article in the Westword. I am going to try to get there one more time before they close their doors early next month. Now the search begins for my new favorite restaurant.

No comments: