Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rescue Me



I had the flu last weekend. It was great! Not! Any hooter, knowing that I was going to be laid up for a while I rushed to Video One to stock up on TV material. So, there I was about to make a very important decision.. see if I start it I have to finish it. As I browsed the new releases Rescue me caught my eye. I know I had heard people talk about it so what the heck. In general, it is a pretty good show. I thoroughly enjoy the interactions between the firemen. The mess hall mantality in the firehouse is absolutley supurb. Some of the external drama mainly between Dennis Leary's charecter and his "wife" and his widowed sisterlaw/lover is a bit much. The dramatic timeline this half assed triad has shared over the course of 8 years is unrealistic. Perhaps I live a simple and quiet life compared this particular cross section of America. I do love the chemistry between Sean and Maggie. I think their charecters create the a delightful combination. Oh yeah and how can you not love Mike "probie" Silletti played by Michael Lombardi? His charecter is the perfect definition of hot mess. Rescue Me is a great show that is a little rough around the edges.

Interestingly enough the last time I was in New York I shot the photo below which is almost the last shot in the opening credits for the show. In addition, I also shot a picture of Rebecka in front of an authentic Brooklyn fire house.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I MISS THE SUMMER!

Deirdre said...

Dude. I love that show.