Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Becker Situation






Meet Becker. The only springer spaniel in the world that doesn't like to walk. I have attempted to walk him three times and three times he has shot me down. We usually get about 500 feet into our walk when he sits down and refuses to budge. He looks up at me with those puppy eyes with a look that says "can we just go home and watch extreme home makeover." I spent the better part of the weekend obsessed with the "Becker situation." I have tried bribing him with organic home made dog treats, prodding him with a stick, pulling on his leash and pleading. I have even sat down next to him and told him what everything is that he is looking at. Apparently, all he thinks the outdoors is for is pissing and shitting PERIOD. So far its Becker 3 Pat 0.

Becker was hit by a car last June and I think he still carries some anxiety because of the incident. He seems to be scared of the World... with good reason. So, for now, it's me and the spaniel that won't walk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sings AAAAAaaaaaallll by myself - I don't wanna pick plants aaaaaalllll by myself no more*

And frankly - I don't think I appreciate your attitude when it comes to this stuff. I want to see a bit more enthusiasm coming from your corner of the world. Your naysaying and negativity just need to stop right now.
*points and laughs at you*

Patrick said...

Just pick out some fucking flowers and call it a day.

Love from Minnesota