Monday, March 17, 2008

728 days

Daniel and I went out for a couple of beers last night. We went round and round about going somewhere different and/or interesting but still ended up at the Wrangler. We are so predictable. I enjoy going out Sunday nights... It seems to mostly be downtown folk or just raging alcoholics clinging to the last remnants of the weekend. The Wrangler can be extra special on Sunday nights because of their beer bust which is hosted on Sunday afternoons. Usually, although not the case last night, by the time Daniel and I get there around 11pm there are a few beer bust stranglers*... yeah, and it aint usually pirrty. Last night it was really clean in there. The beer bust crowd was gone the late night downtown fags were moved in. There was, however, this one drunk guy that kept spilling his gin and tonic everywhere... I only know what he was drinking because the bartender kept refilling it when he would spill it... um why? I asked him why he was so drunk. I couldn't tell if he said he had been at a Lebanese or lesbian dinner party.

* although I meant stragglers... I accidentally typed stranglers and thought it was funny because it rhymes with wranglers.

Daniel told me about this story:


I have so many questions. Apparently, I am not the first person to be slightly obsessed about this storey. You know how old people always say shit like "oh, the good old days" then they sigh. Its annoying and cliché right? Ya know.... I don't think this sorta sitting on a toilet shit happened in the good old days. Perhaps, I am beginning to appreciate the sentiment of the good old days. Ok, I'm totally babbling. After hearing about this story from Daniel I began to interrogate him. Interrogate may be a harsh word, but the lighting at the Wrangler is perfect for interrogation. He finally cut me off and directed me to OMGBlog. Here are a few of my questions:

1. What the fuck?
2. Why would you wait TWO years before calling someone? There was a long discussion last night about the proper amount of time to let someone sit on the toilet before calling the authorities. I think the final decision was about 48 hours.
3. Are her relatives really that bad? Why not just lock the door and pretend to not be home.
4. About the skin growing around the toilet seat... uhhhh!
5. How many books did she read while sitting on the toilet? Yes, I saw the video and yes I understand these sort of people don't generally read, but c'mon what would you do if you were on the toilet for two years?

I have so many more questions to be answered.

No comments: