Wednesday, August 09, 2006

the nerd that I am.


I purchased this airline simulation game from some company in Australia. I waited two excruciatingly long weeks for the software to arrive. I installed it. It is simply the slowest thing I have ever seen. My IBM PCjr was faster than this thing. A while back I played an earlier version of the same game at it was delightful. Unfortunately I loaned it to a friend who has seemed to have misplaced it. Damn it!

The whole premise of the game is to build an airline empire. You start small with small DC9 aircraft flying from Minneapolis to Fargo and before long (if you play your cards right) you are purchasing 747 aircraft to serve routes like London to Tokyo. It is just that exciting. You can decide the seating configurations and the type of meal service your airline will offer.

I have sent an email to the company in Australia inquiring if there is something I can do to speed the thing up. We will see if they can help.

No comments: