Sunday, August 06, 2006

back in the swing of it!

I don't believe I informed my blog audience but, back in May I started working a new and cruelly unusual shift at work, 4:15am to 12:45pm. I was assigned a similar shift briefly when I worked in Minneapolis, but for almost my entire U** career I have been on a night (swing shift.)

While I was on this shift I would wake up at 2:45am to be in the car by 3:15am to be in the parking lot by 3:45am to catch the bus to be at the required shift start briefing by 4:15am. My social life this summer lacked considerably not that it mattered as I was constantly tired. I certainly don't miss listening to that atrocious alarm clock of mine wail at 2:45 in th a.m.

2 weeks ago I was granted a 12:30pm to 9:00pm. It is considerably much more civil.

No comments: