Wednesday, September 07, 2005

international relations






Uli & Joerg on CU-Boulder Campus






What a reunion indeed! Joerg was my families foreign exchange student in 1994. Uli was a foreign exchange student in Woodbury, Mn. in 1991 who became very good friends with my brother Mike.

After 4 days in Woodbury, Mn. Uli and Joerg came to Denver to visit me. Joerg and I shared a bedroom for 10 month's when I was in the heat of adolescence and Joerg dealing with having become a young man now far from home, Aurich, Germany. We didn't always see eye to eye on most, well. everything.

Tuesday morning was the first time that we met each other as mature adults. A lot has changed. I have re-made a new friend in Joerg. I think we are both very eager to get to know each other as the men we have begun. Yesterday began what I hope will become a lifetime friendship. As for Uli, she is as lovely and beautiful as ever.

I sent them of to My Grandparents in Las Vegas this morning. I was sad! Oh Germans, please come back soon!

1 comment:

August said...

"Joerg! Joerg!"

*box face dance*

"Joerg! Joerg!"

Ahhh, ze memories...