Sunday, April 20, 2014

Gili Meno, Again

After breakfast we went in search of the local yoga community. Matt and Amy were feeling disconnected from their inner cheese. The yogis are located in a very tranquil cove way back in the far reaches of the island interior. Their complex was very nice yet simple. The yogi we chatted with was from Brainerd, Minnesota. Small world!

Our next errand was to Divine Divers Dive shop. Amy, Matt and Mike were interested in going for a dive. Amy and Mike are experienced divers. Matt is a novice. Up until arriving at the dive shop it hadn't even dawned on me to go scuba diving. I've never even been snorkeling. But, all of a sudden there I was signing the release form to go on a discovery dive. I sat through the lesson and donned my gear all while feeling minimal anxiety. It wasn't until I got in the water that I realized breathing underwater using a breathing apparatus was uncomfortably foreign to me. I couldn't mange to keep my head underwater long enough for my brain to register that I could breathe. After a few long minutes of trying to ease into allowing myself to breathe underwater I gave up. I lumbered back to the dive shop, de-geared and made myself a Nescafe. James showed up shortly after my defeated return and him and I chatted with one of the dive instructors while we waited for the others to return.

Lunch was across the path from the dude shop at a beach side café. Lunch went long. Our meals on the island have a tendency to linger.

We all met back at the same café for cocktail hour, sunset and dinner. Island life is easy to adapt to.

No comments: