Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Roundabout Woodbury



Really? The people of Woodbury require instruction on how to properly execute entering and exiting a traffic circle?

Last May, around 2am, during construction of the above traffic circle, Woodbury public works sort of forgot to block the ditch they had built to host the median. Without direction or proper signage I drove my parents Chrysler 5th Avenue, named Stella Super Fly, right into the 1.5 foot deep ditch. I stalled the car. Some how I got the car stuck on some kind of embankment and we had to rock her a bit to get the car dislodged. Thinking I had somehow missed some important instruction to avoid this traffic trap we turned the car around to see if I was not paying attention to the warning signs. Just as I had hoped, there were no warning signs. The road just simply lead right into this trap. We pulled over and watched another car take the same unfortunate route we just had taken. Lucky for us a cop came by right as we were about to call one anyways. We flagged him down and he pulled over behind us. We pointed out the lack of proper attention to the ditch. His response, "oh yeah, we called public works a few hours ago, guess they haven't come around. Ya, people have been gettin trapped in that thing all night... we call it the Web."

No comments: