Friday, July 11, 2008

Dating is for fucktards

So, I met this dude on the internets yesterday, and we decided to meet up. We chatted on the phone for a bit and he explained his displeasure with the gay community. Quite frankly, I could give two shits about the gay community. I find it narrow minded and petty to be concerned with the "gay community." We should all be concerned with the global community or the local community as a whole not little snippets or factions. Anywho, he goes on to tell me how gay men don't make good friends. I sort of agree, but I have been very lucky in the gay friend department. I just got the impression that my new friend did not have a lot of gay friends. No, wait! I didn't get the impression I was told by him "I really only hang out with straight people." Whatever dude! So, we agree to meet at Dazbog coffee in capital hill. I was not thrilled with his selection in coffee venues but oh well. This particular Dazbog is like the gay caffeine mecca. This is the place to go if you want a little coffee with your gay.

I show up and find him chatting with a couple of dudes. We officially meet. He introduces me to his two gay friends. And the big fat circle of conversation begins and continues for an hour. We spent an entire hour talking about gay issues. I am so gayed out! Meanwhile anyone that walked by would have to stop and say hi to my "date" because everyone knew him. You should have seen this scene last night. What a cluster fuck. We had the busiest table in the entire joint. Over the course of the hour I learned that he was very active in the gay community. The same community he shunned merely hours earlier. I don't get it.

I really believe that I am a complete and utter dating failure. Things are not always what they seem. About once a year I get a crazy hair up my ass and go on a couple of dates. I just feel awkward and retarded. Clearly I am better off being single. I am much happier here!

2 comments:

grlwndrU2 said...

Babe, seriously, you are a catch in anyone's community!!

Anonymous said...

oh honey! I will be your date anyday.
Love from your whacky neighbor
LJW