Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The 17th Avenue Hop & Flowerama

I have fallen in love, again, with Washington Park. I have been riding my bicycle there lately. Its almost a spiritual experience for me when I go to that park. I did 7 laps (14 miles) on my bicycle around the loop and then decided to sit and enjoy the replica of Martha Washington's garden and Mount Vernon. While I sat and enjoyed the spectacular garden (this has been a very good year for flowers in Denver) I decided to go home get my camera and go on a park and flower tour and snap some pictures... how gay I know!

Angi joined me at Alamo Placita Park which is just across Speer Boulevard from my apartment. I snapped some great pictures of the plant life.








Afterwards, Angi and I helped Gail walk Oscar Odell a very sweet, 14 year old, red Doberman.



We put the old man back and headed to Gail's to drink on her front stoop. It was very "Sex and the City" without the sex.

Since I have placed myself on severe budget restrictions I have not been eating out or "going out" at all. Lately, when anyone have asked me to eat out I cross my fingers in the shape of an X and run screaming from them. Well last night the planets aligned and I ate out for the first time since May 23rd! Angi and I met Ruth and her new friend Agnes, who is fabulous, at Lime on 6th Avenue. It was taco Tuesday night. What a raging deal. I had a margarita, 3 tacos and a ton of their really good house chips for $8. What a steal!

Mindy is in town managing the transition of renters moving out of and into her unit. Her, Susan and I walked the 2.7 miles from the Emerson Plaza to the Thin Man. Thin Man is one of my favorite bars in Denver, but I have to admit it has been a while since I have been there. There was a slight bit of a douche bag crust in there last night. It was very packed for a Tuesday night. I asked the cute bartender, with awesome hair, to whom I have a girl crush on why it was so packed she shrugged and said "summer, I guess." Hello people... the economy is in the tank. Don't you have jobs? Whatever, I still love that bar. We had a couple mixed berry sours and then stumbled down 17th avenue towards downtown. We had a quick peach sangria at P17. I had not been to P17 in like 4 years. We ended our evening at the tavern uptown.

On our way back to the hood we grabbed a slice at Benny Blancos. There pizza is so good! Benny Blancos is on the corner of 13th and an alley. Back in my Capital Hill days I lived 1/2 an alley away from Benny's. I called for delivery one night and they refused to deliver because I was so close. WTF?? I guess it was principal.

Question: Whats worse than a wood paneled PT Cruiser?

Answer:

This was parked in front of the retirement home high rise a block from my apartment.

No comments: