Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Riding again



Ok, so I broke down and bought a new bicycle. It's a Trek 7.3FX. It's actualy similar to my old one, but the new one is a hybrid. The old one was damaged while I was riding it February 29th and was hit by a car. She drove off. I was left with a bleeding mouth, gashed helmet, scraped knew and a street full of stunned witness, none of who got her license plate numbers. The ambulance arrived within 2 minutes. I thought I was ok (which I was) but apparently I looked peaked, so they took me via ambulance to the emergency room. Dr. Ho stitched me up. I wanted so badly to inform her of her resemblance to Sandra Oh, and point out that Sandra plays a doctor on TV and how weird it is that if you transposed the letters in her last name (Ho) she would have the same last name as Sandra's (Oh)... but I didn't.

So, obviously, it has taken me a while to want to ride again. I am still a bit skiddish around traffic. I REALLY enjoyed riding again. It is a perfect day in Denver, Colorado. I am glad to be back on the bike seat.

No comments: