Wednesday, April 16, 2008

9.8 miles



Bailey and I went on a 9.8 mile walk on Monday. I was figuring it was around 7 miles, but when I plotted our path on Google Earth I discovered we had trekked just under 10 miles. WOWSA! Part of the walk included a stroll down 16th Street Mall, Denver's dumpy version of the Champs Elysees. Then again... the real Champs Elysees is kind of dumpy. I noticed a lot of shops and restaurants that had either closed or were in the processes of closing down. It looks kind of sad down there. Downtown Denver has that recession feel to it. This is not good. The DNC is less then 6 months away. I hope Denver can appear to have a lively and vibrant downtown scene for the democrats. After seeing the sad perils of downtown I much prefer the cusp of the city center. Capital Hill, Uptown, Highlands, Golden Triangle and Washington Park are all much more alive, vibrant and distinct compared to the core of downtown. Denver reminds me of a toilet. You want to keep the rim clean, but flush whats in the middle.

Matt and Mike departed for Shanghai today, so I have Bailey-sitting duties for the next week. YAY! I love me some brown lab dog. He is so good. He is sleeping next to me on the floor as I write this.

No comments: