Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Republicans

I think we should move all registered republicans to Florida and then cut it off and let it sail out sea.

I know I am not the most informed voter in America, but I listen to NPR and I check facts out before I bloviate about politics. I feel sorta bad and judgmental for what I'm about to write, but I really seem to form a strong opinion about someone once I have learned their party affiliation. Am I alone with this? There really is nothing like that warm gooey feeling you get when you find out someone is a democrat. I remember back in the 90's when I didn't even think about Democrat vs. Republican. Don't get me wrong here... my parents taught me from a young age that republicans are misguided imbeciles. Back in the day there was no warm and gooey feeling... in fact there was not feeling at all. I didn't judge people on the color of their party, but now.. well now.. is a whole different story. Maybe it's this war. Maybe it's our president who hasn't quite mastered the use of the English language. I just don't like republicans.

Let me explain the origin of my rant. I am, of course, a Clinton supporter. These are trying times. I am happy to see a Barack supporter because thats one less McCain supporter, but I am happier when I see a Clinton supporter. Ok, so I was chatting/arguing with one of my lovely yet naive coworkers about this picture:


She, of course, believes that based on this picture Barack is not a patriot. "How can we trust a man that doesn't hold his hand to his heart during the national anthem?" she asked. Unfortunately, it would seem that we are living in a world where people not only pass judgment on the color of your party, but on content of your email forwards. Either way... it got me thinking about proper etiquette during the national anthem this is what I found...

No comments: