Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bunt Cake


Almond bunt cake prior to receiving an almond glaze.

I have been to a few dinner parties in my time, but Monday night Mike and Matt hosted ,by far, one of the best. I can't quite pinpoint what it was that made it so memorable. The food was fantastic. It was, of course, served in courses. Perhaps, it was the perfect group of six people. I was responsible for dessert. I tried my hand at Bunt cake. Unlike, the first time I made a traditional round cake the bunt cake turned out great! Hey, I need a cake blog!

Last night, while waiting at the end of a jet bridge for an airplane to arrive I caught myself humming a familiar but distant song. The song was I've Never Been in Love Before from the musical Guys and Dolls. I was a puny cast member in my high schools version of Guys and Dolls when I was a freshman. I just could not get the damn song out of my head, so of course I rushed home to itunes and bought the album. Feeling rather nostalgic... I also downloaded City of Angels which was the musical I was in my sophomore year. Musical theater is so gay, but I just can't help myself.



1 comment:

August said...

Haha! I have such pleasant magical memories of City of Angels. Esp. with you, Kara, and Chris.