Monday, September 24, 2007

Arcade Fire




After a ridiculous amount of aticipation (like 3 month's) Daniel, Holly and I with our bright teary eyes weeped with joy as the ten members of Arcade Fire took to the stage at Red Rocks Amphitheater. They opened with Black Mirror. I must say they (or just Win) got off to a bit of a rough start, but they very quickly warmed up. They have like crazy mad energy. I have never known a band to be versatile. I always just thought each member played the instrument of their mastery and that was it. This is not the case with Arcade Fire. They traded & switched instruments constantly but what really amazed me was how they swapped instruments with each other. Win began intervention with proclaiming "this is for Governor Bush" and I thought wow this is my pledge of allegiance.

1 comment:

August said...

Arcade Fire remains probably the best set I ever saw at the Austin City Limits festival. I had never heard of them, but my buddy Frank clued me into them. Amazing. And they were doing exactly what you were talking about in 104 degree heat. They seemed so innocent. Watching them brought back memories of the ol' set construction days and biking off of Cottage Grove drive.