Monday, February 05, 2007

A year older yet none the wiser.

On Thursday Mancini, Matt & Smay took me to dinner for my bday. I think I have found my new favorite restaurant in Denver, CO.... The Dish formally The Painted Bench. The food was amazing! The restaurant is in this old building with squeaky wood floors and old hydronic radiators. The owner, Lee, served us. It almost felt like we were at dinner party hosted by Lee in her home. The service was that personal. After dinner we went next door to the Horseshoe Bar. We played some pool and got our drink on. The bartender even let us bring Bailey in with us. After we left the bar I fell asleep on Smay's couch watching Grey's Anatomy.

OK, so all I really wanted to do for my birthday (on Friday) was to hit up First Friday Art Walk. I am not one of those people that makes a big production of a birthday ;-). I decided I would have a small cocktail party before the Art Walk. It was forecasted to be terribly cold. I thought the pre party would help keep everyone buzzed and warm during the art walk. It sort of worked. The art walk is so much better in the spring, summer or fall. After about five galleries we all decided to head back to my place and warm up. Half of the party guests called it a night. It was a nice calm before the storm. Around 9pm the party got rolling again. The special guests were Kenny and Aaron who flew in from Des Moines and Phoenix respectively. They had heard party, liqueur and Denver all in the same sentence and jumped on a plane. My little tiny apartment was packed with people. Around midnight Smay pointed out that we were running low on beer. Off to the Spot Bar we were. We all shuffled up the lane for a new venue. We finished the night off back at my place and called it a night(or early morning) around 4am.



mmmmmm birthday brownies.


Judy Benet & Gail.


Aaron & Mind.


Who left the damned freezer door open!?!

1 comment:

Judy Benet said...

I don't know what you're talking about. Make a big deal out of my birthday! Why are all my pictures absolutely hideous these days? Maybe they've always been & I'm finally coming to terms with it.