Wednesday, November 23, 2005

On the Eve of the Eve of Thanksgiving




Mancini and Matt threw a killer thanksgiving feast last night. The food was so very good. Apparently the whole feast only required 1 stick of butter. Well done Mancini! I used 2 sticks of butter for my bread pudding and a half a bottle of bourbon. Yes, I made bread pudding. It was a pumpkin bread pudding that I found in this Martha Stewart cookbook Ellen loaned me. It was rather easy and I think it came out ok. I really wish poeple would tell me when my cooking/backing sucks. People are too damned polite. Ok, back to the party. We started with a cheese, nut and cocktail course. Are cocktails considered courses? Then we sat at the beautifully decorated table for melon and prosciutto ham for cleansing the palate. Next was the salad course and finally we ate a fantastic buffet style thanksgiving dinner. This was all followed by dessert and more cocktails. The reviews were raving "Those bitches can throw a party" one couple said. It was a lovely time indeed.

No comments: