Friday, November 18, 2005

a flower has blossomed in denver

My good good friend Rebecka Medin came to visit me over the weekend from NYC. We went to junior high and high school together. We actually really didn't start hanging out hardcore till after we graduated. She went of to UW-Madison to study textiles and I started working for UAL. Eventually she ended up at F.I.T. in NYC and I came to Denver. I have visited her a few times in NYC. She is trying very hard for me to move to NYC and one day I might just crumble.

She arrived early this morning. We went right from the airport to Mona for breakfast. After that we spent 4 hours dealing with a flat tire on the ghetto glide (my car.) She said it was very "Pat of me" to get a flat and this was a proper welcome to Denver. We then took in some shopping at Cherry Creek. Becka's friend Anne, who lived with her in NYC, and her boyfriend joined us for dinner at Watercourse Foods. We all shoved off to Sputnik for a cocktail. Anne and her boyfriend left us and Julie joined us for Lipgloss. Lipgloss was a light crowd. Michael showed up but, ran into trouble later that night: http://frazierblog.blogspot.com/2005/11/blase-trumps-brute.html. Mancini and Chris M. surprised us as well. I danced on the highest point in the bar and Mancini hung from a pipe. We must have been a most amusing group.

No comments: